Friday, December 14, 2012

Tragedy in Connecticut

I'm in tears as I sit here trying to make sense of why someone would kill innocent adults and small children. I have two girls in Kindergarten and first grade and now I question the safety of their school. Yes there is an intercom out front but there are many times where I was buzzed into the school without even having to identify myself. Is the glass bullet proof? There are several doors on the outside of the school made primarily of glass so what good does an intercom system do if they numerous glass doors are not bullet proof. 
There are presents under trees in Newtown that will never be opened, parents grieving all because of a senseless act. How many children have to die before something is done to make our schools safer?

No comments:

Post a Comment